Thursday, June 28, 2012

Marilyn Monroe: and beauty.

“All little girls should be told they are pretty, even if they aren't.” 
-Marilyn Monroe. 






Marilyn Monroe, she was one woman who did many things, some good some bad  but more importantly  to me ,she  has left us a ton of amazing quotes as women in the 21st century.   

The above quote is one of the most beautiful and powerful I have ever heard.  And if you think about the time period she lived in the  beginning of pressure for women to look , dress act and physically be a certain way its  even more awesome.       

The thing about this quote that is most important is it is true.  Every girl no matter her age should  be told they are pretty.   I mean seriously  even if you are the only person in that girls life to tell her she is pretty you will have made her feel she is pretty inside and in a time of trouble and self doubt or such like  maybe she will look back remember what you said and hold her chin up and carry on being her beautiful self. I don't know exactly how your saying that could help her but you never know. I certainly know that when some one  tells me "you look pretty" " You have beautiful manners"  etcetera, etcetera,etcetera.  I feel beautiful. I feel confidante in being me , with all my flaws all, the little things I worry  about . "The Pressure to be Perfect " (as I call it and have heard it called)  drops away, all the pressure to look, talk, and behave a certain way goes . And I feel truly beautiful. And heck, maybe tomorrow I'll wake up with dark circles under my eyes from a sleepless night and maybe I'll just wear track pants out with ugg boots and (heaven forbid!) no make-up!!!!.

And no, I will  not look like the goddess the media says I should, I won't look like a model or celebrity I might look a bit well, ordinary but I know as long as I follow my heart and the moral guidelines I have, I AM beautiful

When we embrace ourselves , everything , our fears, flaws as well as all our  goodness, talents  . Everything. We are all beautiful.

And maybe all the kind of pressure the media gives everyone is one of the reasons Marilyn had such a tragic ending to her young life.



Ta Ta Darlings, and remember YOU are beautiful!
 

No comments: