Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Men I love Part one : Orry Main



Like most girls have I imagine, I too have a list of guys real or imaginary  that I am shall we say "in love" with . I like them for various reasons character traits, circumstances I can relate too etc.  We'll begin with:

 Orry Main.
Isn't he handsome?!!?!?!?!?
Orry is from the books and TV series "North and South."  He is the son of a wealthy plantation owner in  South Carolina. He goes to  West Point. During the journey, he meets and falls in love with beautiful New Orleans French-Creole Madeline Fabray.  At the Academy he becomes great friends with George Hazard.  While at the Academy the meet Bent and evil ,twisted man  who instantly hates Orry and  constantly harasses him and punishes him for no reason.  Orry keeps writing letters to Madeline even though she haws not responded. After being gone 2 years Orry returns home on leave.  While home Orry learns that Madeline is to marry Justin  La Motte, who is known to be a cruel man .  After Madeline's wedding Orry and she discover her father hid Orry's letters to her so that she would marry a powerful and wealthy man.     She and he are both devastated  and  now that she  is married they can't even be  a couple or anything like that!!!  Orry returns to the Academy and Madeline begins her life as Mrs. Justin La Motte.

I'm not going to say anything more about the story as it'll spoil it for those who might watch or read  it. :D ( the TV series is better. Just saying)
Orry's character is amazing! He's a real gentlemen,  a hero, and he is just awesome!!! Plus he and Madeline are just so great together.  There is some adult content in it so I would definitely only watch it if you have parental permission, are a very mature person, or over the age of 14 or there abouts.

Now some pictures of the dear guy shall we?!!! ( or should we say couple as Madeline is in all of them but one? )

Aren't they sweet?!?!?!?

That dress is to die for!!!!!






Secrets, secrets, where would the world be without them?

Basically he is awesome, his story is awesome and I am in love with it all and him!!!!!  And I never tire of it! I love his determination and the strength with which he overcomes things. And well, EVERYTHING!!!!!! Do you have a character or story you never tire of?
  Ta Ta darlings!!!!
Autumn xo

1 comment:

Vellvin said...

Archie you could say is my 'Orry' (he's so nice)
He has go nice hair. :)
I still can't take his name seriously though, 'cause all I can think of is Oreo's which are delicious by the way.
So is this on your list to must see's with me when I'm older?
You should so totally do a post on Lost in Austen!!!!