Friday, January 27, 2012

Things I love : Swings!!!!!

 One of the things I love the most is swinging. :]  I've always loved them and I think I always will, my Mummy still goes on them. :D                               
                   There is no right words to describe the feeling you get when swinging.  Excited and Joyful don't quite cut it.  Its both those and more, its a Thrilling Adventure, and (most importantly) a Journey in Poetry and Song.           
                      Because very time I go on a swing I feel like singing, songs I've heard , songs that just pop into my head while swinging or I begin having poetry float about my head. Especially this old poem by Robert Louis Stevenson       "The Swing"

                                       How do you like to go up in a swing,
                                      Up in the air so blue?
                                       Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
                                      Ever a child can do!

                                     Up in the air and over the wall,
                                     Till I can see so wide,
                                     River and trees and cattle and all
                                         Over the countryside--

                                Till I look down on the garden green,
                                  Down on the roof so brown--
                                Up in the air I go flying again,
                                Up in the air and down!







Ta Ta Darlings!

2 comments:

Gae said...

Dear Autumn,
Yeah I have to agree with you I love swings and the higher and longer the better.
Love that poem too.
Love ya
Mummy

Vellvin said...

I awarded you.
Love Vellvin.